WHAT MY CAT IS READING

chronicles of what books I've bought, what books I've read and other things.
specific other things will be pictures of my cat and especially cute outfits I come up with.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

That cat of mine.


This, because I know you were all wondering, is my cat. Her name's Umi, after the Japanese for ocean. Her eyes were amazing bright blue when she was younger, but now that she's seven, they've dimmed a little. Today she wasn't feeling very photogenic and kept glaring at me as she tried to hide under the covers. I got Umi just a few months after my first cat died, when I was a junior in college, and while Milo was an amazingly beautiful and intelligent cat, I feel closer to Umi. I was too young to really understand the responsibility of having a cat when I was gifted Milo (for my fifth birthday!) but Umi's definitely mine. If/when I go to grad school this next fall, she's definitely coming with me, much to my mother's glee.

Umi has a fair amount of influence on what I read and what I wear, because she'll sleep on clothes which then makes them not an option for the next day (girl sheds like crazy) and will sit on my books when I'm trying to read, limiting my literature time.

She's part Siamese, which is very obvious in her meow and need for attention. She's obsessed with breasts, a fact any female visitors of mine soon learns. They are the comfiest thing in the world in her humble opinion and she will knead them for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment