WHAT MY CAT IS READING

chronicles of what books I've bought, what books I've read and other things.
specific other things will be pictures of my cat and especially cute outfits I come up with.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quick update on what's coming!


I have a few other posts in the works, including one on Roald Dahl and another talking about the horror books I'm filling my summer with, but right now let's just squeal at the two books I picked up over the weekend for less than $3!

First, it was The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin. I saw the Nicole Kidman movie based off this book and was distinctly unimpressed, but now that I know Levin also wrote Rosemary's Baby? Definitely more willing to give it a try. (Especially since it was only a few bucks...) After I read that, Stephen King's Tommyknockers and a yet to be revealed addition or two to my horror novel plan for the summer, that post will show up.

The other book I got isn't going to warrant its own post, I think, but plans certainly do change. That book is, of course, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst. I adored this book when I was young and I decided that it had to enter my library as soon as I saw it for only a dollar at Half Price. I love this kid's book for how perfectly it captures the cranky feeling of a day that just goes wrong in all the worst ways. I have a feeling this book is going to be a great comfort to me in Boston if I'm feeling lonely or just a little off.

My plan for this week is to read three or four Roald Dahl books which will hopefully provide me with fodder for an extremely interesting post! Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment